Etobicoke Ringette Programs
Etobicoke Ringette Association has something for everyone. Whether you are new to skating, want to learn ringette, transferring from another sport such as hockey, ringette is a fast, fun sport designed to teach players teamwork through skating, passing and shooting skills.
We offer teams and programs at all levels. If you are unsure where to register your child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help.
FUN 1: Learn-to-Skate/Play (Ages 4 - 10)
- The program runs on Saturdays 5:15 - 6:15 at Centennial Arena from September 17, 2022 to March 4, 2023
This program is designed to create a fun and social environment where young children can learn to skate and develop skills at their own pace. The program is led by experienced instructors with support from some of our teenage players (participant to instructor ratio is about 5:1 depending on skill level)
The Learn-to Skate component is offered to non-skaters and those with very basic skills. At the beginning of the program, we offer nearly one-on-one assistance for non-skaters until they can stand and shuffle along
The Learn-to-Play component is offered to children who have some skating ability who want to improve their skating skills, learn ringette skills, and play ringette scrimmages/games.
Equipment: Sport Skates (not figure skates), CSA approved helmet with chin strap (no bicycle helmets permitted), thick/double lined or hockey gloves, BNQ certified neck protector
FUN 3: Novice House League (Ages 7 - 10)
- The program runs from October 2, 2022 to March 19, 2023
- Games are held at Long Branch Arena on Sunday afternoons starting at 2:00pm or 3:00pm
- Practices will be held on Thursday 7:00pm - 8:00pm at Park Lawn Bubble Rink (Park Lawn & Berry area)
- Additional ice time for ringette and skating skill development is available at an outdoor rink at 10:00am - 11:00am Saturday mornings (December to February)
- Power skating sessions are included in the program.
The emphasis in this league is on playing the game, sportsmanship, having fun and improving skating and ringette skills.
Players generally range from 7 to 10 years of age. Players have some basic skating ability when they start. Most players are first or second year players
- Equipment: Sport Skates (not figure skates), CSA approved helmet with chin strap (no bicycle helmets permitted), hockey gloves, BNQ certified neck protector, Elbow, Shoulder and shin pads, ringette girdle and pants - or - hockey pants and socks, athletic protector
- Ringette stick and face mask will be provided to all first year players
Adult House League (Ages 16+)
- The program runs on Mondays at 8:00pm or 9:00pm at Long Branch Arena from September 26, 2022 to March 13, 2023
The league offers players fun, competition and exercise. All skill levels are welcome.
An Open Team(s) will be formed from those registered in the Adult House League
REP Teams (Ages 8 - 18)
- A typical season consists of 20 league games and participation in 2 to 4 tournaments.
- Home games are played on weekends (ie: Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon/evening).
- Away games are played on weekends within Southern Region boundaries (GTA to Niagara Falls).
- Teams have a weekly practice at Centennial Arena, Long Branch Arena and the Parklawn Bubble Rink.
- From December to March additional ice time for ringette and skating skill development is available at an outdoor rink on Saturday mornings.
- Regional REP teams progress to the Southern Region Ringette Championships at the end of the season.
REP teams in the Under 12’s, 14’s, 16’s and 19’s age groups are planned (based on age on December 31st, 2022).
- U10 team will be formed in October from those registered in Novice House League
- A U8 Team will be formed in November/December
- Additional fees for participating on the U10 or U8 Teams will be determined when the teams are organized
- 10-11 year olds have the option of registering for the U12 REP team or Novice House League. Fees will be adjusted at that time if your player’s level changes.
- Equipment: Sport Skates (not figure skates), CSA approved helmet with chin strap (no bicycle helmets permitted), hockey gloves, BNQ certified neck protector, Elbow, Shoulder and shin pads, ringette girdle and pants - or - hockey pants and socks, athletic protector, ringette stick & face mask
- A Team Uniform will be provided for REP games. Players will supply their own jersey for practice & power-skating sessions
For more information on any of our programs, please contact one of our Program Managers who will be happy to assist.
|Program ||Contact ||Email ||Phone |
|Learn to Play/Skate ||Doug Smith ||email@example.com ||(416) 241-4947 |
|Novice House League ||Jason Di Febo ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||(647) 391-4624 |
|Adult House League ||Wanda Critch ||email@example.com ||(416) 843-4773 |
|REP Programs ||Aaron Kratt ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||(416) 471-1645 |